Saturday, July 11, 2009

Possum Magic

Ok so I have been hearing a variety of strange noises at night ...(this isn't particularly great considering I have an imaginative mind). When I hear a noise at night a billion images of random mythological creatures pop into my head and I somehow convince myself that those creatures are outside my window. But anyway, the last couple of days I have heard something on the roof of our house. So picture this; little Tasha, alone in her room, she hears a thump on the roof...she thinks to herself 'oh silly, its nothing' then a couple of moments later something runs from one end of the roof to the other. Next thing I know I hear a thump outside my window. *thump* *scratch* *thump*
"Fuck..."
Poor little me (stupid little me) becomes curious. I lean over to my window and open the curtain...*cue jaws music*...there, in the pitch black, I see this huge round shadow! And next thing I know its scratching at the glass! The outcome? Me running into mums room and scaring the living daylights out of her. She didn't understand my blabbering and told me to go back to sleep...
I tell you what, I didn't sleep much that night.
But just then I was watching the television with the old woman and we heard a thump on the front veranda. Curious (and expecting it to be the cat) we walk outside to find our cat staring at this huge possum! *phew*
So it IS a giant mythological creature trying to break into my room and eat my brains! But it is such a cute creature! We have named him Hush from the kids book 'Possum Magic'
:D
And we were wondering what was eating all the cat biscuits at night! The possum sure did chow down on them (after nibbling on my finger!)

6 comments:

  1. That story made me giggle. I love that little creature, it's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is cute, but I have to admit that possums freak me the hell out. Our's are not nearly this nice looking. Go see! Google NC possums - there are some decent pics, but overall they look like mange-y, rabies infected, evil rats. Uhhhh! I keep repeating the line, "after nibbling on my finger"...and shuddering at the thought of it being one of ours.

    Hahahahaha! Look what I just found. Now I'd take this one home with me.

    http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1109/1198949184_0b0d86ba1b_o.jpg/

    I love homely animals that would likely be throw aways. Nothing better than a fuzzy face that only a mother could love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang it. The link is crap...just copy & paste it. >:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, that is so goofy cute! We have possums too, they live underneath my office and fight with the stray cats, such a strange scuffle they make.

    ReplyDelete